Thursday, July 25

Tired but happy in half Myanmar

 Why I said half, as I just went to Bagan and Yangon city in limited time. But it has already represented my happiness.

Flew at 16 August 2019 to Myanmar, to Yangon a big city in Myanmar which previously was capital city, before moved to Naypyidaw. Today, I don’t know how Myanmar condition after having hard war. Brother’s war.

From Juanda Surabaya with Malaysia Airlines to KL first, arrived at KLIA1, enjoying the airport for the 1st time. Then strolling around Mitsui Outlet Park first by free shuttle bus, to see discounted apparel, but I didn’t buy anything. I thought apparel in Indonesia was also same as there and had 11-12 price. Then I had lunch soy ketchup kweitiaw then moved to KLIA2 as the second flight was departed from there. Then continuing AA to Yangon. Delay for some hours, arrived at almost midnight. Picked up my my friend. She worked there as Civil Indonesian teacher in Indonesia embassy.


17 august morning we attended Indonesian Independent day celebration at Indonesia embassy. I was wearing batiks there I was really happy to celebrate our Independence day in overseas. 


Anyway Yangon got freedom from British at 1948 therefore the city was grown up a bit fast even though we were still experiencing an old school style of people and buildings. After that we went to Rangoon tea house, eating Mohingar, traditional food almost same as soto, walk around, passed Sule Pagoda, the biggest pagoda in Yangoon,  then shopping to Bogyoke  Aung San Market then at 5 pm I went to Aung Mingalar bus station to go to Bagan by bus. JJ express. 19 usd/way. Stop by at KFC, tried mash potatoes, which was not available at Indonesia KFC.

 

Arrived 6 am in Bagan, around 9 hours, then take a rest for 2 hours in Innwa Motel. Lucky that no visitor in one room so I can sleep alone, as this is small motel, backpack style, price was counted by one bed instead of room. Eating black and white sticky rice then going to reach some temples by electric bike till evening, again it was my first time driving electric bike. I had to aware for batteries capacity, avoided battery used up in streets. 


Tired, as I had to get back to Yangon again by bus at night. Only a day return. I slept totally at bus. 

Bagan one of district which has a lot of beautiful temples that worth it to be visited.

Old Bagan was full of temples. This was I have ever visited:

1. Tha Kya Pom
2. Shwezigon Pagoda. Noticed that Shwe means gold, was built to enshrine one of the four replicas of the Buddha tooth in Kandy SriLangka.
3. Ananda temple. The best part is the tower. 
4. Shwegu Gyi Phaya, couldn’t climb till top. It was forbidden as the building is not tough anymore. Can ruin anytime.
5. A Lo Taw Pyae
6. Mya Zedi Pagoda
7. Bupaya temple in front of Irawadi River
8. Hti Lo Min Lo Pagoda
9. Mahabodhi temple

 

Morning has come, stopped at Aung Mingalar bus station again, having a hot tea for refreshed my body. Talked using google translate to ask tea for 300 kyat, at that time 3000 rupiahs. Cheap, right? 

 

I took taxi to go to Airport then flying to KL by Malaysia Airlines. Funny habit/local culture is tanaka, wet powder was used by local people, put at their faces, man and woman, like little kids in Indonesia use that put by their mom. I saw much in airport,  and sarong also was wore by man there. In Indonesia we often saw at village or when man went to pray at mosques.

 

Arrived KL at evening, one night stay at hotel, A very small room. It was fine for staying for sleeping only. After struggling to wake up very early, checked out at Tune Aeropolis at 4, backpacker hotel around airport belongs to AA airlines, having free shuttle bus to KLIA2 for free instead of paying taxi for Myr 42, a bit back and forth as I didn’t familiar to find location, morning exercise, took 15 minutes on bus, arriving to check in at 5, waiting in queue for about 20 minutes, then going to immigration for 10 minutes, and finally to waiting room to wait to fly. Arrived noon then went to office to work. Directly from overseas. I was so loyal, weren’t I? It was ok. As I had much work to do. As long as I could work without disturbing my health I was fine.

No comments:

Tired but happy in half Myanmar