Thursday, July 25

City of Catholic people

 ASEAN JOURNEY

 

 

I should write in 2019, as I visited some countries in south east asia except for Laos and Brunai Darussalam, but I was suddenly not in the mood to write at that time. I was busy in my IG. What a very late story but I feel I have to write it, with whatever memories in my head. Someday I will keep in mind I have ever been there.


MANILA

2nd route was ManilaFlew from Changi at midnight. then arrived in the very early morning at 6 June 2022 by Cebu Airlines. It was very heavy weather. Hard rain made the plane was up and down. Turbulence I thought. My friend confessed she was very scare and kept praying at that time. Long queue at immigration section. No idea why. It was different comparing with Singapore style. Finished around 9 in the morning. With sleepy eyes and heavy head feeling, and bit long waiting for pick up car, finally we arrived Aloha hotel, old building feeling but it was not vintage style. In a glance enjoying Manila city while in car towards hotel, which was same as my hometown Surabaya, messy. Typical of big city of development country. Bright atmosphere.The good day. Cars were run in right line was new sight for me, as I got used to see left line. 


After some rest, we prepared ourselves to go to Old City Intramuros. This site was designated a National Historical Landmark in 1951.

We went by online car. Grab apps could be used there. It was very hot when arrived site since we were going at 11 am. Sun shone very bright. Moving around with pedicabtrycicle public transportation. Driver is drive next to us instead of back from us. Chosed some package of how many sites we wanted to go including the fare, negotiated with the pedicab, and some spot we visited were:

1. Baluartillo de San Fransisco Javier
2. Fort Santiago
3. Philip II king of Spain monument
4. Puerta and Revellin del Parlian
5. The Manila Cathedral, enjoying ice cream 30 php.
6. Palacio de Goberdanor.

It was about fort, bridge, church, museum, old building. We felt being jumped to Spain 400 years ago. In Indonesia I will compare with building at Old City Jakarta and Semarang. It is almost have same meaning and story. After finished visiting we went to have lunch at KFC close there as we were extremely hungry while going to mall was still far and took some time again.  chicken sisig bowl and rice for php 124 including tea drink. I read at Wikipedia that sisig was liver, thus chicken sisigwould be mixed of chopped meat and liver of chicken.


Enough with old building we continued our journey to new building, the biggest mall in Manila till evening. Mall of Asia, at SM Mall, by taxi instead of jeepney, the traditional public transportation. As we had no gut to try it.Didn’t know the route either. Bought some souvenir at souvenir store there. We often seeing some armies with long gun. Checked Wikipedia again, it seemed an criminal increased there. 

Unfortunately I got very headache, couldn’t enjoy all out, maybe I was too tired, lack of sleep and got hot sunshine, hot potato haha, and ended the night with some rest at hotel and eating Jolybee take away dinner, a kind of local fried chicken restaurant but famous there. It cost 98 php.


The next morning was back to same mall, this mall had a big area, we had to finish another building, but in back side was a beach. Seaside Boullevard Moa Pasay City. With coconut trees along the beach. Then went to HRC bought t-shirt as  I was a collector. Talking about HRC store I checked this store at Makati and announced close. I was so sad, luckily I saw teh banner of HRC at this area. Thanks God. Well, ended this noon we walked to mall again to buy some food to be brought to plane. I also bought Kenny Rogers Roaster salad at airport, NAIA airport terminal 3. At evening we flew to Siam Reap. I forgot with what flight, whether Cebu Airlines or Airasia. Bye Manila, thank you for your hospitality 

No comments:

Tired but happy in half Myanmar