Oyot Godhong? Vein of leave?






Dont be confused with my title....

While my friend was busy in buying some gifts, I let myself to have lunch in Mirota café named Oyot Godhong. Javanese name, means leaf vein. You could reach the 3rd floor of this store. The place was quite unique on its traditional touch. You could see wooden chair and table, gazebo, old vespa (motorcycle from India), some statues, fresh rose flower upon the table.

I chose nasi goreng as I need rice very much that morning. I was quite starving eventhough I had noodle for breakfast. This café offered some traditional menu too, like what the store sell, traditional items like batiks fabric, accessories, statues, etc. Well, you could find pecel, tempe bacem, tempe koro, gado-gado….and some simple menu’s like bread, fried rice, fried noodle, enough for accompanying in waiting friend, relatives, spending time while they were shopping or after shopping.

Mirota itself is centre of batiks fabric and handycraft. When you come into it, you can feel strong Javanese air like gamelan music (Javanese music), incense fragrance, pictures of King Hamengku Buwono, very old things……

Curious? Come and see then….
(yk, 12apr)

Comments