A little journey to Yogyakarta

Easter holiday brought me to Yogya for 3 days, started on Friday morning then ended up on Sunday afternoon. Just wanted to find another air, let myself forgot my daily activity for a while. Actually, it is nothing surprised by choosing this town as I ever went there many times. Considered my money was only enough for spending time in this area thus I chose Y o g y a .....
Eventhough I bought train ticket 3 weeks ago before going but I was still unlucky as I couldn’t get first class train. It was OK, I cheered up myself. I went on full of energy and spirit. No problem for what I got. Economic class of Sancaka train. When I went back to Surabaya under full of tiredness, using executive train, Argo Wilis from Bandung via Yogya, was a benefit as I could feel comfortable, no sweat, get lunch and have a rest.
Plan was plan! Nobody knows what happened next. See guys!! My go home journey on train was quite interrupted by a bunch of ladies and gentleman from teacher group. They talked each other and laughed loudly. It seemed they had a lot of gasoline inside the body. Machine run fast! Oh my God! I couldn’t sleep well. Some passenger chose to put earphone in and listen to the music.

Stayed 2 nights at Kristina Hotel,Dagen street. Rp 125.000 for single room with AC, hot water and TV. Not bad. Considered that I would do a lot of activity outside hotel thus I thought the facility was good enough


Met a friend from Bandung for a while at malioboro mall. A while? Yes, as I had to go to mass when she came. I was sorry as I have no enough time to meet her. But another friend came and be together till Sunday and we went home separately using different transportation.

No new thing was offered by Yogya handicraft, it was still same like last year, you know... vintage batik bag, plait bag, so I didn’t buy much, just 2 pieces hotpants and slipper. The rest was gift for friends and family.

The main activity was attending 3 Holy Days. As white Thursday mass had already been in Surabaya, I went to Good Friday and Easter Saturday night mass at Fransiscus Xaverius Catholic church Kidul Loji, close to Malioboro.

Twice attending Easter night at same church, last year and this year, my friend and me were quite surprised as duration of the mass was longer than duration in Surabaya. I was quite sleepy and headache for standing from sleepyness..Beginning at 9 pm then it stop at late midnight. Thnaks God for letting us celebrate risen of Jesus Christ. HAPPY EASTER!
(my story 10-12 April)

Comments