Lasem oh lasem...

last saturday I went out with my friends to a new mall. Actually it is not new,  just me, old fashion. DOnt hv time to go there, as it is far away fm my home...hahahha....
for sure no new store there, same like another mall in this city.

you know that batik is trend now. So, most of dress stores sell batik, batik decor and real batik. Real batik, off course, the prices is expensive. But I think it is worth it. You know, fabric is soft, the color is so colorful, the sewing/sticht is good and neat.

Something funny when i was at batik store. I asked the lady seller,"where does it come from?", "Jakarta" she said. I expressed my surprised. Did Jakarta have batik?? Maybe she realized, then she said " this is Lasem Batik" Ooohhh....near Cirebon? I asked, "No, near Rembang,Jepara" Ooo I was wrong. Score was 1-1. hahhaha I admitted I was stupid. Karma fall to me as I underestimated her. I know where Lasem is. My geograpic is good, how come I could be wrong. I saw the color is so beautiful. 
The dominant colors of batik Lasem are dark-red, blue, light-brown, green, dark-brown, and purple. The influences of Chinese culture and javanese can be seen at batik Lasem in the motifs of dragons, baby bamboo, ban ji, peacoacks, kilin (Chinese mythologic dragon), chicken, butterflies, golden fishes, peony flowers, chrisantenum flowers, , parang, kawung, udan liris. Waow...how expert the lady explained to me. I think it must as she sells something different.

Lasem, is a small town, a seashore, and is believed that the first Chinese was landing there from China. This town became a living community also an important harbour at the north of Java Island since 9th century. This was one of the most three important harbour in the Majapahit Kingdom era. Remember Ca Bau Kan movie, the setting is here.

Anyway, I want to buy it but, usual reason, I dont hv enough money! Never mind, as I dont plan to buy it. Just hoping somebody will buy for me! Huahahahhaha.....

Comments