FINALLY AM COMING,,,,




BANGKOK
This was 2nd trip to go overseas with same mate after the 1st was Sepang to see world car raCe. Story would be launched soon.

Bought some tickets one by one, I mean buy Bangkok first, then next month bought Vietnam. It was about 5 months to complete the ticket and baggage fare. Yes, we don’t prepare the budget before, all was bought after we got salary, so we didn’t get cheap fare but we were still able to pay it. Thanks God, God is good, He gave what we want.  We made some itinerary by reading some blogs of blogger around the world. Even though we had complete data but in reality we were still had to get confused as we were having lack of information. But we learnt from those experience and made us know how to handle it. That’s the travelling benefit, becomes independence and brave.
We didn’t go by tour as we wanted to experience by ourself how to arrange and buy tickets by ourselves, how to go by LRT, MRT, tuk tuk, cyclo, taxi, bus, how to communicate with local residents, how to enjoy the place and take pictures as much as we can without being rush to go to other place and we have freedom to choose place we want to go. Maybe we will take small tour too but for one place only by consideration time, price and free time are enough.

Going with AA from Juanda at 10.30 am to Bangkok, transit in KL at 02.00 pm. KLIA2 was so big, we had to walk far from arrival area to reach transit area. Lucky we got airport car who often back and forth takes passenger to move to immigration side, and we used it to transit area to go ahead to Bangkok at 4.25pm. Arrived 5.30 pm, took some pictures, bought drink and went on bus. from airport to Mochit. Then continuing by LRT, which we didn’t imagine how hard to find the LRT as we didn’t see any sign billboard. Back and forth, upstair and downstair by bringing a cabin luggage. Felt pity for my friend who seldom does exercise and goes upstair lately. She needed hard effort and fortunately some Bangkok people was so friendly and wanted to help her bring luggage. “I look like old lady” she said. Stop at Asok LTRT then walked to Sam lodge inn for about 500mtr, it was cost thb 3262 for 3 nights recommended by Tripadvisor for backpacker class. My friend didn’t forget to buy durian to fulfil her curiosity. She wasn’t lucky, durians was not sweet and price was expensive. Then we took a rest and had hard laughing remembering our funny experience in stairs. Not all LRT station has lift or escalator and all LRT station state in high place, while MRT in underground and some I found has lift or escalator.

Woke up at 6am. This was Idul Fitri, my friend celebrated by herself, far from family. Took a pray, called her family, wished Happy Idul Fitri. Then we continued to start our journey. 1st pit was Wat Arun. Took LRT to Saphan Taksin then taking chao praya boat stop by at Wat Arun. We had some difficulty to find the boat ticket, asked here and there, finally we found some queueing for boat. We had to go to cheap boat instead of expensive boat as we were only go to one place first. Stopped at Pier 8 for 3 bath.

 It was so great wat. Entry ticket 100 bath.  It was also called Temple of Dawn. Fascinated. Took a lot of pictures.  Impressed of the colourfully decorated spires and stands majestically over the river. Tiny pieces of coloured glass and Chinese porcelain placed delicately into intricate patterns.
Bought fruits then continuing to Grand Palace by boat. Just one pit across the river. It was so hot, sun shone above my head. Grand Palace was so big area and so many tourist went there. So many buses stopped there. Had to be patient when we took a pictures without people crowd behind us. But I had inconvenient experience with my new shoes. It hurt my thumb so much. I had to change with slipper first after went out from Grand Palace. Anyway Grand Palace is the official residence of the Kings of Siam since 1782. Emerald Buddha was there too. It was great building. There were so many edge to be pictured. You were hungry to capture every side of Grand Palace building. Especially if you wanted to put it in your Instagram. LOL.

After having lunch and take a rest, we went to Wat Po. It was Buddhist temple complex, directly south of Grand Palace, to see big sleeping Buddha. It was famed for this reclining Buddha that measures 46 metres long. We could go there just walking. Not far . Anyway I didn’t forget to use my shoes again after some minutes with slipper and still it was pain. But I could forget my sorrow for a while as I was impressed with all chedis inside. Chedi was stupa decorated in ceramic pottery flower and colourful tiles. I was speechless.

Then by tuk tuk to Khaosan Road, bustling street in Bangkok. Maybe like Poppies in Bali, all travellers over the world came here. I didn’t find how interested here. Just a street with some foods, street vendor, cafes, bar, we had just sight seeing, bought pad thai and bought souvenirs and gifts. We went there just to prove they we were there you know. To complete the word “Didn’t legal to go to Bangkok without going to Khaosan Road”

Then back to hotel by tuk tuk again. It was far from there to hotel.  Forgot the price. Had ride with tuk tuk was a great experience instead of by taxi. We could see Bangkok traffic closer and real. It was same as Jakarta. Changed clothes, praying for a while then continuing to Terminal 21 Mall. Bought some souvenir again. I wasn’t impressed with the mall, for me, it was same as Mall in Surabaya. Nothing special.  Then back hotel then took a rest. We didn’t eat at Mall. We had been tired. We just bought some snacks and bread at Seven Eleven. We found many interesting snacks.

Our 2nd trip in tomorrow morning was went to Ayuttaya. The ancient place which was famous in old time as Siamese kingdom from 1350 to 1767. A lot of wat-wat there and remind me of some temples in East Java in story of Majapahit kingdom. Now those places were famous for tourist atractivity besides the main aim was place for Buddhism pray.

LRT from Asok to Huanglampoon train station then to Ayutthaya by economic train. Train departed late, we had to wait for 2 hours. So bored. It took 2 hours arrived Ayutthaya.  Arrived at station, there would be some tul tuk stand by. When we started to ask tuk tuk cost, the driver would show list of 12 destination then we choose which one we want, after that tuk tuk driver would inform the price and how long it took. We took 3 hours for 3 places and paid around 450 bath.

1st place was Wat Yaichaimongkol, one of the major temple in Ayutthaya area. It was also called The Temple of the Supreme Patriarch. Builded by red brick. And looked pale and so oldies, opposite with glamourity of Wats in Bangkok.  

2nd place was Wat Pramahathat with the icon was buddha’s head. No idea how the head of Buddha statue was in some roots for so many years. There are a lot of theory about that. And I couldn’t think why it becomes famous lately. I haven’t found the story behind yet.

The last was Wat Ratchaburana. You could find Garuda image there, Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of that. They had grand hall and one big prang. Prang was long and big chedi.
Limited time made us in hurry in enjoying the wat and took a pictures. But we were satisfied. We could get great pictures. Honestly.

Back to Bangkok, went to Siam square to buy Hard Rock café t-shirt. I was Hard Rock tshirt collector, if I had enough money I would insist to buy. Eating at AW, found some delicious fish. Then bought some medicine conterpain and tigerbalm. My workmates asked me to buy. I rejected. I didn’t want to receive any order. If I could I would buy it as present, that’s my principium. Back to Asok, my friend bought socks then back to hotel. Sooo tired.

At the next day, in the morning around 9 we checked out and went to Swarnabhumi airport by LRT from Asok to Petcaburi station then walk to change train station to Makasan airport train. It was easy way. Catch Vietjet flight. Fly at 2 pm. Goodbye Bangkok.

HANOI
Arrived at Hanoi Noibai airport at 3.30 pm. It was simply airport, couldn’t find any sentence of welcome Hanoi or name of the airport, only some small pictures of Hanoi insight. We didn’t make much photos inside. We went to money changer and I also bought sim card Viettel data only 9 Usd for 5.5 Gb of 4G speed internet. Well, money changer was quite crowd, the officer was almost forgot that she has already received my 100 USd to be changed to VND. She put it everywhere carelessly. Lucky she could find it, if not, didn’t know what should I do to prove. Relief.

Took an airport bus to Old Quarter area. We would stay there. Paid 30.000 VND for bus number 86, took outside airport, in front of entrance door of Arrival gate. The bus officer gave us note where we had to stop. Long Bien Bus interchange, something like Bus stop. We thought the hotel was closed to main street, the fact was not. I remember Wonokromo, my city part, almost same, so crowded and full of small alleys. we had no idea how to go to Batsu street. The bus officer only said to walk for about 10 minutes,  but the fact was it wasn’t so simple. We had to find way again. Maps wasn’t available, had to open internet, my friend has been tired then she insisted to go by cyclo and bargain the cost about 50% from cyclo driver request. You know, for the beginner, from bus stop to hotel was far as we didn’t recognise the situation, also we brought suitcase. Even it was cabin suitcase but still need effort to bring it. Maybe if we have already known the street we would be easily to reach it.

When check in at Hanoi Lotus Hostel, usd 38 for 2 days including breakfast, the receptionist noticed we came from Indonesia, he said he had sister who married with Indonesian, Padang tribe. Ok, after some talking and paying, we went to our room. OMG this room was at 4th fl and no elevator or lift. Room so big with 3 double beds. We had to go up. Oh no. My friend who had bad experience with high stairs in Bangkok complained again. I was sorry I didn’t check the hotel facility whether there was lift or elevator. I realized the hotel tried to contact my number before to make sure we would come or not, when I checked my phone. Perhaps they gave to another who come first or go show.

1st walk before going to Hoa Kiem Lake was bought some cakes and toiletries in small store, I think it was circleK. I forgot, Then going by cyclo (becak in Indonesia, tricycle public transportation) went to Hoa Kiem lake night market, sight seeing, bought souvenirs, but we didn’t buy food as I wasn’t interested to eat frying snacks, my friend was also afraid of non halal food. But we, at last, bought frying snack and it ended suck as they fried all meat together in one wok, pork and chicken. So, my friend was surprised and decided not to eat it and let me ate all. But I wasn’t. It tasted plain for me. Finally we bought Domino’s vegetarian pizza. It was more delicious. Surabaya didn’t have. Hanoi had it. Poor Surabaya. Domino is my favourite pizza.

Yes, around Hoa Kiem Lake was full of American restaurant too, like Domino, KFC, Popeye side by side with coffee café. Yes, Vietnam was famous of the coffee, ca phe they called it. So, I also bought some packs of Vietnamese coffee for my workmates.

Hard rain. We had to take shelter first. Again, we realized it was rainy season there. Bought some raincoat. Traffic was like a mess, too many motorcycle were back and forth. Then back hotel by cyclo again. Small incident as the bathroom had hole at the roof, my friend didn’t like it. It is not hotel standart, and feel insecure and a bit spooky. She had hard complained and the officer just fix it by closing it with wood. Their reason was they haven’t finished the repairment yet. And they deeply apologized and offered us to move to better room tomorrow.

At 8 morning we had to go to Halongbay by bus. We took one day tour for usd 49. Breakfast was ready and wrapped for us to take away to bus. Omelette, toast bread and bananas. We also brought pizza, the remain of last night Just small walk to the edge of Batsu street where small bus has already been waiting for. Geee…I met my Jakarta’s friend coincidentally. World is so small then. LOL.
The small bus took only 30 persons. The guide introduced himself and started to explain everything. Off course, it was his job. Gloomy then spitting rain were all the way there. Streets were not too crowd, and had good asphalt. Noticed that Hanoi government prepared Halongbay seriously to become world Hospitality.

Then Stopping  by souvenirs center, I bought some durian dry cakes for gifts to my friends in Indonesia, considering we didn’t have enough time to buy, so whatever we saw and liked so please bought it. Don’t too much think, even the price was a bit expensive. Again, we had no enough time to find something cheap. Time is money. LOL.

Arrived Halongbay, paid entrance ticket also ticket for stopping at some place. We were forbidden to loose the ticket. You lost it then you had to buy it again at entrance otherwise you couldn’t come to the appointed place.

We, then, took a junk boat, special boat for 30 passengers only, took many pictures as we were fascinated of the scenery of rocks, big rocks and the ocean. I was being thankful to come there as, honestly, never been thought in my mind before that I would be going to Vietnam??HAlongbay?? thanks to my friend who suggest this beautiful place. While we were sailing, we were having lunch, chinese seafood, no pork, we ordered. Guide would ask what kind of food you want to. One table would be consisted of 8 person. Food were put in the middle of the table and we could take it easily.

1st stop is cave before stop by at cave, we had to go up for maybe 100 stairs. My friend started to walk slowly. She didn’t feel comfortable but she had to, as the entrance and the way out were different. We had to walk around inside cave. I didn’t like cave tracking for seeing stalagtite or stalagmite. It was just an ordinary scenery. They put some colourful lamps inside. The beautiful was scenery outside as we could see ocean and boats were looked small, reminded me of Labuan Bajo, almost same.

2nd stop to after sailing again from cave was Bay (lupa nama nich) to do kayaking or just boating, Many choose kayaking as it sounded fun. I wasn’t, as we didn’t bring extra clothes after getting wet.  A bit sorry to pass this chance, we were look like old ladies, poor us. We just sailed with bamboo boat.

3rd stop was Tip Top hill, the highest hill at the ocean, 400 stairs, even lately I know there is another higher hill where you can see whole HalongBay complete with rocks, not only small boats. Anyway, actually my friend who suggest me to choose Tip Top as she wanted to see from the up hill. She forgot to check how high the hill was and found out 400 stairs and she gave up at 200 stairs. FYi, Halongbay tour offer some stops, you may choose the easiness stops or else, up to you and all offered different prices. I was able to reach the top. Accompanied by my Jakarta’s friend. For sure they could reach as they were still young and man gender LOL. I wasn’t arrogant but I believed I could reach as I have ever gone to Ijen mountain which had higher climb and could be reached in 2 hours walked. Tip top was so easy for me.

Finished all. Boat was back to land. It was sunset. Yuhuui it was so wonderful, accompanied by cloudy, sunset was shy. Way back to Hotel around 6. Thank you Halongbay. It was nice to see you.  It was very tired. Stoped at a store again, we bought food to eat. It was very hungry. Fried rice and French fries were enough for tonight. Bus dropped the passenger one by one in front of each hotel.
Arrived hotel. Surprisingly, the hotel officer has moved our luggage to another room, better room for inn standard. Luckily my friend wasn’t mad for knowing her luggage moved without informing first. Maybe she was tired or she thought the officer has already noticed her. I didn’t care. I wanted to go sleep.

Wake up at 7 after few days we had to wake up early, started to pack goods into luggage again,l then took a breakfast. Simply, same like yesterday. Then we went by cyclo to Hoa Kiem lake first, there were old temple in the middle of the lake, could not be reached and also red bridge. Actually it was only ordinary red bridge for me. then we took a walk to cathedral church, seeing around some souvenir in store, drink egg yolk coffee, I ate chicken pho then back hotel. Walk again to find halal food for my friend. Walk so far to find mosque and considering halal restaurant would be around there but we didn’t find it. Lately I noticed from traveller blogs that the restaurant was small and stated a bit hidden of the street, anyway finally we found Indian restaurant. Thanks God my friend could eat rice, fried rice. I only drank orange juice as I was still full of Pho.

Back to hotel and heading to Noibai airport, by grab, after check out, back to Bangkok. Arrived at DMK at night, straight to hotel inside airport then tomorrow morning flying to Surabaya via KL.. Amari Hotel was expensive hotel. We screamed hard seeing how fluffy and smooth the bed and how clean was the bathroom. Hot water for showering, smelling parfume of bath soap and the room itself. Pay IDR 500.000/each. Too bad we couldn’t enjoy full day as we arrived DMK at midnight and had to fly at 7am. There were no choice to choose proper hotel. At least we had no spoil our body for a while after much walking for 6 days and sleeping at plain hotel room.
Yes, we had to fly by Airasia at 7am then arrived KL at 10.15 for stopping by then at 1pm from KL to Surabaya at 2.50. All was running well and on time.

Thank you Bangkok and Hanoi for your hospitality.



Comments