A short journey with short knowledge

Started at 9 o'clock, we went to Madura, to Tanjung Bumi exactly, plan to see and buy Maduranese Batik. Along the way from Suramadu bridge to city we can see some stores who sold batiks with some local handycraft. But we did not stop there as we had another opinion to go on to those area.

Tanjung Bumi is located in north of Bangkalan, is about 45 minutes from city. In our thought, we would see Batik traditional market or at least some stores closed to each other but when we arrived there, we didnt see anything. Only 1-2 stores opens. Others closed. We also did not see some activity making batik in house of inhabitant. We were a bit dissappointed.
asked police station for exact location, it did many times due unclear location

Finally we stopped by at open store, and I think it is the only one store who had activity, and see some batiks. My friends bought some batiks for about 70,000 rupiahs, I was not. Lately I felt rather regret I did not buy there since at the next store at city I could not find any good fabric. here is the banner of one of the store. MJ = michael jackson?

this is what we finally bought. Pamekasan, Tanjung Bumi and maybe Sumenep style too.

choose, think, ask friends opinion. It happened when facing much lovely fabric

great moment and great action. narcis was important, everywhere has to be do narcis!

see and confuse! what should I choose? this one or that one or all of those?

how did we look like? pretty? sure! we were between the batiks

Well, after had some rest including praying at mosque, and had one problem, my friend car stolled on the parking area of mosque and needed to be pushed and fixed, we went to go to Nusa Indah handycraft. No good fabric for me, I didnt like the style. Then I found some dress, but it was also not fix for me, too small, and the other one was a bit dirty and could not be washed by water, I think, since my friend said if it was a "malam" (candle) it could be wiped out by finger. At last, I just bought one t-shirt that had various style, choosen by friends as I had no idea to choose it. My imagination was closed already. Others bought fabric and some snacks.

Finally, eating, eating and eating! same menu different victims - chicken and duck

We ended our short journey by having lunch, great n delicious. It was worth it. I ate much. Then continuing by pushing the car again as it was hard to be started. I was not, as I took a picture of that, My friends did, with a park guy. Such a tough lady! Thumbs for them, hahaha....

Our conclusion after visiting the batiks place that the place has not been exposed as one of famous tourisment place in Madura. I could not easily find in google - our journey dictionary. There is no bilboard to show direction to Tanjung Bumi. From Bangkalan we had to ask to police officer, then along the way also there was no bilboard at all. We could find it when it was about 10 minutes before arriving Tanjung Bumi, and it did not mention about batik centre. So we made any own conclusion like, maybe the maker sells their product to big store outside Madura like to Surabaya or other area. Or their product is not famous like Solo, Yogya, Pekalongan, Cirebon so they do not make in a big party. No idea...
We also had one request, what is the difference between batiks from Tanjung Bumi and batiks from Pamekasan as one of batiks that bought by my friend came from Pamekasan even though she bought at Tanjung Bumi store. Oops I also saw Pekalongan batiks was sold there, hahaha. Maybe it is for their reference to make it different!

Comments