BB is not BlackBerry but Balekambang Beach

Thanks for GPS, The Global Positioning System. Wikipedia said it is a space based satelite navigation system that provides location anywhere. Why I need to say thank you, it is help me to go to the beach which is in remote area. This system support some information like how far it is, and how to get there, turn right, turn left, Even the beach is famous, according to local people and already registered in website, but in the reality, I seldom find many street bilboard which mention the direction of this beach. Less information. How we can promote our beautiful beach if we do not add as much information.

Started from Malang city. It was informed that it would take 2 hours. Tried to browse and had info that it was 65 km far away to south direction, at Bantur area. It was my willing to go there since I never and always cancelled to go there. Just curious as I heard and read from internet this beach has small island and there was a Hinduism temple on it. We could reach the island as there were bridge connecting the land and island. Ok then, based on that information, I was eager to start travelling.

I was succeed influencing my friend to take me there by car. Also, brought GPS as our assistant. As no plan at first to go there, we do not wear beach custome but it was enough to represent our casual dress. On the way there, we were also looking for SPF lotion at small store to protect us from hot shine of sun. We went around 10 o'clock so you can imagine what time we would arrive there. At noon, when sun shone extremely hot. Just expecting cloudy without rain. Since I was on cough condition, I also looked for drugstore who sold that drug. A bit hard to find as it was not local brand.

Finally, after getting through Kepanjen, Gondanglegi, Bantur, small cities, villages, hills, paddy rice fields, forests, with streets like walking snake, turn right, turn left, turn around, we arrived on the entrance gate, paid about ten thousand rupiahs, got ticket then went through. We were still not seeing the beach, we had to go through forest with very tall trees. Omaigod, many times I said OMG. I was very impressed with that trees. Sound it was old trees. I did not see coconut threes as symbol of beach. Amazing. Then after 5 minutes being surprised I could see the beach. White sand and big waves decorated that beach. And I could see the small island at far

Not much visitor on Saturday. No idea why. Maybe they would come on Sunday. It was holiday. Saturday was still school day. Or it would be crowd on school holiday on the mid of year, or on moslem Holy Day vacation or Xmas n New Year holiday. But I did not care because it was advantage for me to be able to take some pictures without being annoyed but somebody else. I did not like to have unknown person came up in my background picture unless I knew that person, my friends, my relatives or else that being permitted to show on it. Hahahaha. So selvish!



Even the weather was very hot but show had to go on. Just brought water to have enough drink, wearing sun glasses, sandals, pour lotion under the skins, then walking along the beach. White sands covered our feet. I was wearing half short pant with long hand tshirt, enough to cover my hands from attacking of hot sun but not my legs. It was OK, beach sign had to be in my body as a proof. .

Next walk were crossing the bridge to the island, with sea below, with small wave, because of ebb tide. It was so bright, we could see the water was very clear n clean. We could also see the difference between deep sea and shallow sea by seeing the color of the sea. Dark sea meants deep sea and on the contrary. It was so beautiful. The ocean was so gorgeous. It was south ocean, well known by big waves and deep depth, we felt small inside. When crossed the bridge and stood at the small island, felt a bit scare that wave would reach us and brought to the ocean.

Took some pictures as much as we could and satisfied with the result. Thanked to digital camera, we could take a picture and could retake when we found the result was not good enough. Enough to be narcism, we had a lunch. Ordered simple meal. Instant noodle. Why? we did not want to try local food there, mostly was sea food and local meal like nasi rawon, nasi rames, nasi campur, to avoid stomachache as we were still having far way home. About 3 hours to Surabaya. And to close this beach journey, we did not forget to drink young coconut. So fresh actually but it was not really young. And, they add some sugar on the coconut water which was not supposed to do that, for me, it would reduce the taste of natural coconut itself.

Comments