Lourdes or Triumph monument?

Another short journey that left in mid 2011 I guess, geee...it was a long time ago made me forgot the date was. Forgot to put into nice story, sorry!
Came to Pohsarang church complex again, for the 4th time. 1st time was about 15 years ago when new Maria cave was being built.Why I said new? it is because they built new to accompany the old cave. The new cave was inspired by Lourdes Maria cave in Lourdes France. They added statue which is bigger and taller for about 4 metres.
Anyway, at the 1st time I went with my friends from my old lodging house. Then 2nd time I went with my workmate to attend the mass there in Xmas time 11 years ago. The 3rd time was with my daddy 9 years ago.

Sacred place Pohsarang who located right at the slope of mount Wilis, at Pohsarang Village, Semen, 10 km west of Kediri, East Java. They have old church, which was built from river stone and red bricks. It is built by H. Mclaine Pont in the 1930's, was welcomed by the unique church, with church bells and all catholic stuff, including statues. Besides the big Maria statue, this place also offers 14 stoppage of big statues that draw Jesus story before He was sacrified and also some small lovely place for praying.

Well, not much change inside actually but the additional of holy things stores close to the place makes me feel inconvenient. Lucky, I went there on working day thus it was still and calm. Not much visitors thus I could pray and sight seeing and took a picture freely.

before leaving Kediri, who famous with its yellow thick tofu and number 1 or 2 (?) big cigarette factory, I went to Monumen L’Arch de Triomphe. Dont be surprised to get another replica besides Lourdes. It adopts France monument. Actually the name is Simpang Lima Gumul monument. This new Icon states in Tugurejo village, Ngasem, in intersection of Wates,Gurah, Pare and city. It was built on 2003. But I did not understand the reason for buiding this. I should check the history, it might be somewhere stating in building but I forgot to check it.

Since we were not familiar with this place, we needed to pass this intersection many times to find the gate. It became a wierd situation for anybody who saw us. Actually the gate was cross this monument, Thus we could go to monument through underground way, pass the street then come up in the middle of monument. Good idea. It was very nice to take a picture on it even only with pocket camera. Many people were there, same with us, they were taking a picture too.

Comments