Pasir Putih...past and now

When I had a willing, and I think much about that, sometimes it will be happened. Simple thought. I am planning to go to Pasir Putih someday. I miss that beach, Last time I went there when I was a child. White sand, clean and clear water with small waves as it located on north Java. Gee...you know it is long long long time ago. Finally I went there some days ago.

No need to know how to get there, for sure I went by bus by myself and people think something weird about me. How come I went alone. Actually I was not alone, as I came along with my friend. She stopped by at Probolinggo for some working then I went by myself continuing to Pasir Putih. It was about one hour from Probolinggo by bus, through Paiton, Kraksaan and Besuki. From Surabaya, it is 174 km for about 4 hours by bus or car. It is located on main road on north way between Surabaya to Banyuwangi.Details about Pasir Putih can be checked on web http://www.eastjava.com/tourism/situbondo/pasir-putih.html

I felt dissappointing while arrive there, as the beach was not clean anymore. White sand beach as special feature was not appeared anymore. Just an plain beach, not like long time ago. I did not find something unique anymore.I think it was not suitable for sitting and playing at beach, it was worth it for swimming, canoeing, diving, some water sports only.The food restaurants did not offer something special either.Sea foods were not so special. I tried es kelapa muda (young coconut ice) fresh from the coconut, but it was not young, hiks. The merchandise store offered some things made from sea shells. So simple. People said, you should take a traditional boat to the middle of the ocean and you could find colorful fishes and reef. oh really? I should try it but I had no time, besides I was by myself, I had no guts to go alone. At least I already seen the beach look like. Some friends were not recomended this beach and they were right. I believed them now, but I was still curious for riding a boat and seeing the ocean park. I just remember Sendang biru beach at South Malang. It was dirty and full of garbages. We could not see scenery underwater as the water was black, and dirty. Will try it someday.

But I read some travelling books which said that we couldnt see the destination itself because it would hurt you when you found it was not like you expected. Just feeling your journey, what you do, what you see, what you experience on it. So, I tried to feel, think, observe on that. Thus, I felt I was quite enjoying. What are they?
1. I enjoyed eating bakso at warung bakso Eddy at Probolinggo. The taste was quite OK. but the popular things are some celebrities often come there. we could see pictures hanging on wall, pictures of famous person in Indonesia, like actor, actress, boys band, even Adjie-Reza Artamevia (some time ago when they were still a married couple) came there and had signature on a table number 13. Oops??
2. Had lunch at warung Warkat, Pasuruan. Menu is home meal. Quite good for whom miss home meal. Sayur lodeh, soup, salty egg, brengkes tongkol, sate telur puyuh, bali telur and else. The taste was fine, depend on people taste off course.
3. need to be careful while you were walking alone especially for ladies. Pasir Putih closed to small warungs around from Paiton to Pasir Putih which was place for resting of truck drivers. They didnt only eat, drink, rest but also had sex, thus many ladies were available for that. It called unseen prostitution. So, beware girls, ladies...
4. I could see spread out of rice fields. So green. I could spoil my eyes, after seeing a lot of high building, skycraker buidling, cars, traffic jams at city.
5. I enjoyed the air of riding public transportation, I called it economic bus. No AC, full of smoking, full of seller, beggar and singer, hahaha....

At least I could fulfill my curiousity by seeing at glance on that beach. Next time I will come to see the richness of deep ocean. Please keep it clean and nature forever.

Comments