I just hope to have a nice journey again next time....




Lately, new year eve will be a moment that I am waiting for. So far,mostly, I always spend it with my friends or my lover *when I still have him*. What I have done like, seeing fire cracker, change gift to each other, barbeque, blow horn and counting down

End 2009, I spent NYE with some friends with same formation like last 2008. Considering last year was ended successfully so we did it again, but I added one friend, friend of mine, so total was 5 person.

First plan was Banyuwangi n Bali. I took a day on leave without permission to my office as they didn't give additional holiday except red date considering we have already had enough holiday.

Our plan was a bit mess at the beginning as some uncertain person which was attending this journey. But finally we could go at six pm by my friend car. Stopped by for dinner at 9 at ayam goreng p.Kasan. Then, continued and stopped by again at Paiton for took a pee and little supper. We had to be careful as the location was quite bad for ladies as many unseen hooker there, to satisfy truck driver. We didn't want to open opinion we were too. Last rest was stopping by at Situbondo gas station. Then run again passing the dark of Baluran National Park. it was exciting moment. Dark at midnight, cars was seldom seen, we thought of spooky air and afraid of being robbed. Finally we could get through on it, arrived Banyuwangi at early morning.

Fortunately we already booked a hotel so we could come directly. It was the best hotel as Indonesian celebrities often stay there but for us it was really the best. Since one of my friend had allergic to dust so she became sensitive on choosing hotel. Lucky she could accept with hard decision, only for half day. Then we all slept thight like a baby as we were so tired!

At noon, we had lunch local food like nasi pecel and bakso, not bad, then we went to Grajagan Beach at Grajagan, closed to Muncar, Banyuwangi and we were dissapointed as the beach was not good as the brochure said. Hiks! Black sand beach, unclear waves n color waves. So, we were only stay for 5 minutes. That's all. Lucky, the way to there, which was through small forest was so beautiful, we took some pictures there accompanied by some spooky moment while taking picture. Imperfect pictures result! Bothering by devil? who knows...

Next destination was village of my friend. Our arrival coincided with rambutan fruit season, so we got much fruits freely fresh from trees. But we had to beware of some black ant which likes stay there.

Our new year eve run unsmoothly as we did not find good place. After moved to another good hotel, we started to go out for dinner. It was about 8 o'clock and streets already been full of car and motorcycle. Small city! We were trapped on traffic jam. After having dinner at resto, enjoying "ayam goreng kampung" we went to Watudodol beach and waiting for some fire cracker. It was so dark, could not see the beach look like and it seemed the beach was full of local people, young couple, teenager. But I bet the beach has clear water as I could see inside at glance. The worst was the fire cracker was not much, like it was only formality to show instead of not show it. Hiks... We were back to hotel without any memories stated in our deep heart. SAD mode on!

At morning, after having breakfast, we were leaving Banyuwangi to Jember. We didnt go to Bali as our 1st plan as one of our friend, who was driver too, was not feeling well so we took a way home to Surabaya via Jember. I was rather upset but I had to accept this decision as I was not a driver. But I liked to go to Jember as I could remember and back to past for a while, reminded me of my childhood there. I planned to go Jember since some times ago. Thanks guys, you made my dream comes true. After some way through forest of gunung kumitir way, rice field, plantation, we arrived city. I was still remember some street so I could help friend by giving them direction. We went to Rembangan, small amusement park at hill, some kilometers up from city. We found durian plants, buah naga plantations which is no fruit yet, milk factory, flowers park, also some beautiful scenery around there that would be nice to be seen and taken picture. We also went to Tanjung Papuma beach twice. Twice? yup! 2 days. As we did not satisfy to enjoy the white sand, clear water, small waves, good scenery on this beach but we had to leave it due bad weather, wind blew hard, rain,storm, at evening. This beach was so beautiful, could compete with some beaches at Thailand. My friend could guarantee.

So far, it was a lovely journey. I am seeing from destination side only, why? As two of my friend was unhealthy so they could not enjoy it easily and influenced us in deciding next plan, having conversation, and talking each other. Some joking words were changed into serious problem and hurt another friend feeling. Nothing is perfect, but we have to accept. I just hope to have a nice journey again next time....

Comments