Holiday oh holiday...

As usual I always arrange vacation while holiday is coming. Refreshing is the main purpose, clear and clean the bad,hard, empty mind, eyes and body with something different, safe and sound. Usually I will go on Idul Fitri or Xmas or New Year holiday. It is a must and it is done for these some years. When I have more than enough money, I will go on vacation on some days off - Saturday to Sunday or on another holiday like religion Holy day, or another National Day. Location is variation, but mostly is around Java and Bali. Mate is variation, but I ever went by myself when I really want to be alone, even though i feel lonely for some minutes...

Anyway, at this moment I am really confused. My office, as always, gives uncertainty holiday notice. I am always headache how to make sure the time is. They will give confirmation close to days of holiday. Yes or No. Dont you know, they ever given notification some hours before we went home. Could you imagine? How if we didn't know? We were going to work useless.

Like Christmas holiday this year. Heard that our presiden suggests to have holiday together on 24 Dec, one day before Xmas. Believe his consideration is to give space for Christian community to prepare theirself to celebrate big day. Some of my workmates are planning to take one days off even though we are not in holiday. The consequency is their salary will be cut as amount as a day they are off. That's the best we can do to have time in this special moment with all consequency inside. Besides, my factory doesnt allow workers to take on leave on December. It seems there was a case last time, that so many person did on leave and made the office is "empty" suddenly and when someone was need urgently, that person was not available.

This time I have no objection for not having holiday on xmas as I don't go anywhere. Just celebrating at church then I'll be home for Xmas...like popular xmas song title, hehe...But I need holiday notification for my new year. This year I will celebrate it with my friends, unfortunately they have much holiday than me, at least they already had holiday notice so they can arrange it easily. Me? my planning is full of estimation. The worst things, if I dont have holiday except red date, is I will take one day leave with all impact on it, psst...my salary n bonus will be cut a day, no mercy my dear.....and for sure I will ruin my friends planning as I will miss one day with them, and they will feel empty without me for a day, oopsss..hyperbolic...

I ever took a day leave 2 years ago when I went to Ria's home, celebrating with her family at Kota Bunga Puncak. It was wonderful moment. Thanks to her anyway. I remember that 2 January we had to work again, means I had to be back to my hometown on 1 January and it was impossible. You know why? As Puncak were always crowded and jammed on 1 January as all visitors were be back from Puncak to their home. We were back on 1 January evening as heard that a way home - jakarta was not full anymore. Thanks God, it was already been free and smooth but it was hard raining. Then, on 2 January afternoon we went home successfully by flight. Off course we did not let our time pass useless, use the limited time to buy some and eat some at Jakarta mall.

Comments