is it Singapore?

Going abroad is impossible for me, that is my opinion when I was a kid, since my parent has low financial at that time. But, when I was able to go to Australia, to Melbourne and Brisbane, even for free, I change my opinion and expecting to have another chance to go another place in the world. Moreover, when I got keychain as a gift from relative or friends, my willing becomes in spirit again. But....no chance still and I already been forgotten it.
 
Finally,  when I had chance to go Singapore after attending exhibition in Chicago, it is opening my mind that I can do it at the end. Besides, now travelling is easy and a bit cheap, flights often offer cheap tickets.
 
 I went to Singapore for the first time, by ANA from Japan. Staying at Value Hotel at night then take a nap to bring back my energy and jetlag of America. 
 
1st day walking was to go to mall at Orchard area, famous city walk of Singapore,  went to mall of Takashimaya, Wisma Atria, ION, Lucky Plaza. Next was going to Chinatown then Bugis Junction.  I didnt buy anything as I wasnt interested in shopping things. I have no information about what special of Sin so I thought it would be useless to spend money to something unworthy. At least I knew the place for my first experience. I just followed my friend dragged me to everywhere. I just bought some gifts to parent and friends. And, I didnt forget to take a picture.so many picture I had. You know, for the first time, seeing new, it was so exciting, wanted to take a picture of everything. Seeing a modern n great city in small country.
 
2nd day, went to Universal Studio Singapore, by MRT and stopped at Vivo City Mall. Change to skytrain to Sentosa Island and spent a day there. Dont ask how many picture I could get, even though I was a bit dissapointed since so many tourist there, so I could not have a good picture, I meant it was not clean from tourists as background.
 
3rd day, it was time to go home. Destination is Changi airport. Brought big luggages by MRT to airport, since I just came from my duty in Chicago. Flew by Japan Airlines from Narita to Sin, then Jetstar from Sin to Surabaya.
Changi offered many stores. We could shop there. They also have some interest place who had good scenery to be pictured, like flower garden, orchid garden.
 
Then, time was replay again, I was back at May 2013. Flew from Jakarta to Singapore by Tiger airways.My friend was waiting me there. My college friend. Arrived at 10 pm, then dinner or supper?? at Burger King. Lucky I ever tried at jakarta so it was a common things for me. Bought a turkey burger for taking home, then by taxi run to hostel in Arab street. Why didnt use MRT? because it has already closed at 12. Yes, I was late arrived, there was a delay. But, still didnt forget to take some pictures. In front of Changi billboard, hahahaaa....
 
2nd day, after having breakfast bread toast and a hot milk, I went to Sentosa Island by MRT. Singapore condition was full of smoke from Indonesia. Hikss...it was embarrased, Indonesia was sending smokes due so many forests was burnt in Sumatra island. Arrived at Vivo City, then by skytrain to beach first, just wanted to see an artificial beach, as Sin has no good beach actually. Heard that they imported some beach sands from Indonesia. One of the sea is Siloso beach. Yes, just a simple beach. Nothing special. Only seeing some cafes n restaurant there. Next step was going to Maritime museum close to USS. It was new amusement place, consist of maritime museum and Sea World, sounds like Ancol sea world, not much different. Again, many pictures I got about fishes and sea animals. Moved again to Hard Rock Cafe. I bought t-shirt and took a picture around that area off course.
 
Due I was very hungry, I went to eat at India resto at Little India. Bigh portion, I could not eat it till up. Briyani yellow rice. Then bought gifts at Mustafa Centre, a bit dizzy seeing so many Indian's people, then went to orchard for a while to meet a friend, continuing to have supper at Melayu cafe at arab street till midnight. Still much visitor came to spend a weekend there.
 
3rd day, I met my old friend, we went around Marina Bay Sands and the mall. It was first time for me to go here, last time I did not go here as I did not know that it was the best place to come. People say when you have not took a picture in front of Merlion, it says you have not been in Singapore yet. Pathetic, isn't it? 
Too bad my pocket camera was broken, we could not save some good picture then, only hang on our blackberry camera which was only 2MP. Hmm..it was not enough to capture a great scenery of each MBS. 

Well time was up, at about 3 pm I had to go back to Jakarta. I caught MRT very soon to go to Changi airport. The fact was am too early. The reason was I didn't want to be rush. That's why. So, I spent some time around Changi, bought a perfume at Victoria Secret n some souvenirs.
 
--------------
 
Due the flight ticket was expensive at the moment of long holiday, I went to Batam then using ferry to Singpore, stopped by at Harbor Front. It took an hour to accross the sea. I was very hungry then I went to Pizza HUT first. Actually my first plan was eating at Batam airport but unfortunately the restorant was not representative to show they were international airport. From there, I went to Chinatown to eat meal again. Bought some gifts of t-shirts and key rings and some small stuffs that I forgot to bring from Indonesia. Then walked to Clarke Quay and colorful bridge. Very tired as so many walking. Pictures? never ended.  Lucky, Sin was having a birthday so I could take a picture at birthday wishing billboard. But, I was missing the big parade to celebrate the special day since I had to be back to Indonesia.
 
2nd day, by taxi to Vivo City then walked to Sentosa Island, did not use skytrain like before, wanted to try another version of transportation a.k.a by foot to Sentosa Island, then going to chinatown buy gifts again. after that run to Garden Bay, I was very happy. It was a new amusement park and very modern. Full of lamps at night. Very nice to take some pictures, added by Marina Bays famous bulding. The journey was ended at food court at MBS mall. I was very hungry and tired.
 
3rd day, went home
 
-----------------
 
Some months later, I went back to Sin again, started the 1st day at Burger King again, as it was located at airport, still my favorite place to hang out waiting for some friends to come. Then was back to MBS, taking pictures for some places around there which I havent taken it before like atomic bridge, Fullerton old hotel, small track outside Marina mall, christmas trees. Yes, I came close to chrismas time so christmas air was surround Sin.
 
2nd day, due Stomachache so the body did not fell good. Afraid to go a bit far, I came out from hotel at noon, only around Shongzhan park mall, lunch Nasi Lemak at Toast Box, not so delicious n expensive, hiksss, then Novena sport mall to one by one at some supermarket to be compared with Indonesia products. Wanted to buy if there was some odd things I didnt find in Indonesia but the fact was so far it was almost same with Indonesia. It was not important things. then went to ION mall, also to observed about Singapore things. Then ended at the street of Orchard and took some pictures a lot till bored n tired. Stopped by at Lucky plaza to eat wonton soup at big portion. Yummy..
 
3rd day, after having brunch at Novena mall, I went to Bedok by MRT then changed to free shuttle bus to IKEA Tampines. It was a bit out of downtown. IKEA was Swedia furniture and household big store. Indonesia did not have it till now, but there was a plan to build in Alam Sutera Tangerang this year. Anyway, I bought stationary color pencil as birthday gift for my niece n some snacks as gifts. Then back to Bedok, walked at the mall and food court, eating kacang kuah. It was a bit different from Indonesia. Bought fried snacks from Old Chang Kee little store.
 
Back to Somerset 313 mall at Newton, dinner at Novena then continued to Hard Rock Cafe close to Orchard to take a picture. Singapore had 2 stores, Sentosa island n Orchard. Rain dropped hard. I did not buy a tshirt as I just realized my money was so limited. It means I have to be back someday, as I am a big fans of HRC t-shirt.
 
4th day went home
 
-----------------
 
went again but cancelled. Force majeur. Kelud mountain eruption. Even though the location of the mountain was far away about 2 hours way. Just ended at Juanda new international airport. Jetstar cancelled due the ashes closed the flight runaway n entering machine of flights. needed to be cleaned first. My pictures? off course only at Juanda.
 
 

Comments