A tiny part of beach journey to Salt Island

I love beach. I like playing on waves, walking on wet sands, looking for various sea shell who stay among the sands, watching sunrise and sunset, just sitting down to make some photos and stay still on dreaming…
Most beach offer same pleasure, some has their own speciality. I ever visited beaches overseas like Melbourne and Goldcoast. Nothing special than watching people sun bathing and swimming. So far, Indonesian beaches is the best even though I haven't reached Papua, Sumatra and Kalimantan beaches...

Last time, about 3 months ago, I went to Madura, small island in north of Surabaya, East Java. Through new Suramadu bridge, we went by car, I mean me and my friends, to Sumenep, the tip city at north of Madura. It took about 5 hours from Surabaya to there. Accompanied by beaches and sea at our right side way.

Through remote villages who supplied green color of plantation and tress mixed with brown color of leaves and unirrigated field, finally we arrived at Lombang Beach, about 10 kilometers from Sumenep city. This beach is well known with its cemara udang plantation and white sands. The sands was very clear and clean. It is liked big open field close to the sea. Divided by small clean river too. We came at about 2 pm. Not many visitor there. We did not know why. But it did not matter for us. We liked quite beach so we could do everything. Playing, running, screaming….relief our body and soul, taking a picture, chatting. Seeing small waves as it might be on ebb tide.

2nd beach are visited on next day, it called Slopeng. This beach was quite dirty. It was not good to be played on it. Mostly it was used for fisherman boats. Many boats were placed there. We were able to play on playing ground which was provided there, but this was not nature playground. Man made.

I am quite satisfy as I can visit Madura beach completely, I guess. Proud, huh??… I think there are some that I haven't visited yet but it is not famous. When I was on college, me and college friends visited Siring Kemuning beach. It was good beach at that time. Why I said at that time? Because now it is dirty, my friend explained me. So, thanks God, I had a chance to come and see it on 17 years past. We also visited Mercu Suar Sambilangan, close to some beach along the way home to Bangkalan.

Next beach was Toroan beach close to Pamekasan city. It was special because we could find small waterfall from river who is empty into sea. Good beach, clean and quite. Funny thing when remember my friend couldn’t swim but he acted he could swim, When we saw his drawned, we thought he just pretended to make fool for us. But, actually it was a truth. And the last beach for Camplong beach at Pamekasan. It was good beach too. Just because we went together with friends, we were happy no matter the beach was. But, the best is still Lombang beach.

A tiny part of beach journey in this area have already filled my experience. Journey to Madura is one of the best journey I have ever had. Thanks guys for being together on this travelling. Unforgetable memories.

Comments