Great journey

It was very cold n spitting rain on 4 March when I stepped out of the ORD airport. Lucky, I entered the airport taxi very soon so I didnt get freezy. 1st impression of this city was ordinary city with casual building. Dark, brown square buidlings. It was not glamour, no traffic jammed, no hectic, no rush.

After some taking pictures close to Comfort Suites hotel and along North Michigan street, we were going to our booth at McCormick building to prepare some products to be displayed for these 3 days. We also did store visit on some of our customers. I have experienced using taxi, train and shuttle bus which I never done before. I have experienced in eating mexican food, chinese food, japanese and American foods.

I like mexican foods. Mixed of rice, red beans, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and mayonaise. Yummy.
I got bored on American foods as so much bread and bread, but I like omelette, smoked ham and sausages. Also bananas, apples and yoghurts. Still, I bought mcdonalds, even I can find it in Indonesia. Same! But no chilly sauce. Chinese food has big portion. I always shared with my friends. Japanese foods, I did not really like it but I had to eat in flight since I was very hungry and thanks God I could eat it. Even though I was kind of person who was not easy to eat strange food and vegetables.

Chicago had strange season. It should come to autumn but I could still feel winter. Sun shone a bit, Stingy to show her gold color. Besides hard rain and hard cold wind, it was also snow. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. I could feel snow and grab it. Yuppiiiii....I always wore many layers inside before ending it with winter jacket. Then sometimes I wore gloves and hat to cover may hands and head. I wore thick sock and covered shoes too.

Flight started from day 1st from Surabaya to Singapore by Jetstar for about 2 hours at 3pm. Then staying at Changi lounge till midnight to continue with ANA to Narita Tokyo. ANA was Japan airline.

I flew for about 7 hours. Then arrived at Narita for about 3 hours and continued for about 11 hours to Chicago. It was very tired actually even though we were able to sleep but it was different than sleeping at bed. Absolutely! All tiredness was gone when I arrived ORD. New place, new scenery, new season, new experience. Very impressed and deep think that finally I could put my foot there. Hyperbolic, huh!

At the 6th day, we were back to Indonesia, used same way like our departure. When I was in Narita, I bought some gifts for friends and family. Off course I also bought gifts when I was in Chicago. Not much as my money was not much either. Simply gifts but I hope it would make the receiver felt happy. Besides my luggage was heavy so it helped me not to buy anything so much. Heavy of files, coat, suits and cookware samples.

I did not directly go back to Indonesia. Friends and I extended 2 days in Singapore and left at the 3rd days. It was the 1st time, again, went to Singapore. I had no idea where to go first. Just followed my friends which were many times there.

So, Chinatown, Bugis street, Orchard street (of course! Full of shopping mall along the Orchard street, from cheap to expensive brands.) and Universal Studios Sentosa Island (movie characters like madagascar, shrek, jurassic park, waterworld) became my destination. It was not enough but at least it could cure my curiousity. Took a pictures became our main activity since we would like to have something as a proof and to be told to everybody.

Took a picture at Changi as the best airport in the world would be great honor for me. They have skytrain to move from one side to another side.
They also decorated the airport with live orchid. Not artificial. Smart Idea. Good program! It makes the airport fresh and healthy against the air condition.

Comments